The mission of the UNCG School of Nursing is to make a difference in the lives of nursing students and the communities it serves by being inclusive, collaborative, and responsive. The School of Nursing is a:
Strategic Vision for the School
The UNCG SON strives to create exceptional learning experiences to transform the profession of nursing, one learner at a time.
- Innovation—creating experiences that meet evolving learner and health care needs in a variety of formats and settings.
- Engagement—building community partnerships.
- Scholarship—advancing knowledge through collaborative research and evidence-based practice to enhance the discipline of nursing and the health of persons across the lifespan.
- Leadership—developing leaders to meet local, regional and global nursing and healthcare challenges.
- Diversity—embracing intercultural and global perspectives in learning, inquiry, and service.
- Interprofessional care—working collaboratively on teams of healthcare providers to deliver comprehensive, holistic care that improves outcomes.
- Healthy role model—creating a healthy community comprised of students, faculty and staff who embrace and engage in self-care behaviors to achieve their highest practicable level of health.