UNCG School of Nursing is a learner-centered community preparing nurse generalists, advanced practice nurses, educators, and researchers to make a difference in the lives of individuals, families, populations, and communities.
Strategic Vision for the School
The UNCG SON strives to create exceptional learning experiences to transform the profession of nursing, one learner at a time.
- Innovation—creating experiences that meet evolving learner and health care needs in a variety of formats and settings.
- Engagement—building community partnerships.
- Scholarship—advancing knowledge through collaborative research and evidence-based practice to enhance the discipline of nursing and the health of persons across the lifespan.
- Leadership—developing leaders to meet local, regional and global nursing and healthcare challenges.
- Diversity—embracing intercultural and global perspectives in learning, inquiry, and service.
- Interprofessional care—working collaboratively on teams of healthcare providers to deliver comprehensive, holistic care that improves outcomes.
- Healthy role model—creating a healthy community comprised of students, faculty and staff who embrace and engage in self-care behaviors to achieve their highest practicable level of health.