The mission of the Instructional & Technology Services for the School of Nursing is to support faculty and staff to effectively integrate technology in their daily projects and courses.
We are committed to providing:
• Technical Support – David Kinsey – Hardware [e.g. desktops, laptops etc.]
• Instructional Technology Support including pedagogy and ideas you would like to use in your course(s). (Joy Pine-Thomas)
• Canvas support – Classroom Training and One-on-One Training [Provided by SON ITC]
• WebEx support – UNCG offers training courses and the SON ITC offers technical assistance
• Faculty and staff professional development opportunities **UPDATE for 2019 – 15 minute Lunch Technology Tip sessions will be offered***
Joy A. Pine-Thomas, PhD
SON Instructional Design Specialist
SON Tech Support
School of Nursing Technology Services
The following technology services are offered to the School of Nursing faculty & staff:
• Consults with personnel, to configure, support, and maintain hardware utilized by the faculty and staff of the UNCG School of Nursing
• Consults with personnel, to install, configure, support, and maintain software utilized by the faculty and staff of the UNCG School of Nursing:
This includes but is not limited to desktop computers, laptops, scanners, printers, multi-function machines, UNCG Council approved software, individual and volume software licenses, Laerdal simulation equipment and software.
• Provide the necessary audio and video support to faculty, guest speakers, and staff for meetings and events held within the Moore Nursing building as well as School of Nursing events and meeting held elsewhere on and off campus
• Provide technical support for classrooms within the Moore Nursing building, as well as the occasional classroom in other buildings on campus. This includes training on hardware, updating hardware and software, installing additional software and hardware, troubleshooting problems, maintaining a position as liaison with the main UNCG Campus Classroom Support Department within ITS.
• Provide secondary support to the lead Simulation/Experiential Learning Technician of the School of Nursing Simulation Labs:
This includes but is not limited to office spaces, meeting rooms, classrooms, and open spaces in the Moore, Petty, Nursing Annex, McIver, and Spring Garden Extension buildings.
School of Nursing Instructional Services
Training & Support Services
Explore the training workshops and one-on-one sessions available to you.
Canvas training and support is provided by Joy Pine-Thomas, PhD throughout the year as needed. Please call (336) 334-5072 or email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
• Group or one-on-one training is available for the following Canvas applications:
o Canvas Gradebook and Speedgrader
o Canvas TurnItIn
o Canvas 101 Basics
o Canvas course design
o Canvas Multimedia
o Canvas Studio (Formally called ARC) – Please use the request form below to have Studio added to your course(s)
- You may also view and register for SON training classes on the Workshops and Events page.
WebEx training and support is provided by a representative in ITS. Please call or email for an appointment.
• Training workshop schedule
6-TECH – (send email to them and they can notify you of the class schedule)
Application Administration, LMS Team
Information Technology Services, UNCG