We are providing a unique opportunity for exceptional students enrolled in the UNCG School of Nursing’s bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) program to begin work on their master of science in nursing (MSN) degree with a concentration in leadership and management.
- Complete your MSN in a shorter amount of time by taking graduate-level courses that count toward both your BSN and MSN degrees.
- Students start taking MSN-level courses in the junior year of their undergraduate coursework and continue on to compete their MSN after earning their BSN.
- Develop skills that will serve you well as you transition to future nurse leadership roles.
- This is an appealing option for students enrolled in the Veterans Access Program (VAP)
To be eligible, students must have completed 60 credits in the pre-health curriculum, be admitted to the School of Nursing’s BSN program, and have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
For more information, please contact me at email@example.com for more information.
School of Nursing Procedure
Students start taking master’s level classes in junior year of their undergraduate program. Students will take 6 credits in master’s courses as an UG. Once the BSN degree is completed, they will move into the master’s program and can complete their MSN in 2 years of part time study.
- Completion of 60 credits
- Admission to the nursing major (upper division)
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
Admission Process for the AMP Program
Interested students should submit the following by March 31:
- An AMP application (submitted online through Slate), which includes a written personal statement describing why the applicant is interested in the AMP program leading to the MSN in leadership and management degree.
- An interview with MSN faculty will be required.
Applications will be accepted from March 6-31, 2023.
AMP Program Support
Once admitted to the AMP, mentoring will be provided by the MSN Program Director and peer support opportunities will be made available to promote student success.
Plan of Study
|Course Semester||Course Title [credits]||MSN Clinical Hours|
|Summer Preceding Junior Year||
|Fall Junior Year||
|Spring Junior Year||
|Fall Senior Year||
|Spring Senior Year||