- Nationally recognized for excellence by U.S. News and World Report
- Affordable tuition and fees; scholarships available
- Expert faculty
- Experiential practicum work with nurse leaders of your choosing
The School of Nursing offers an MSN concentration in Nursing Leadership and Management. This concentration is offered in online format only, and is designed for working registered nurses. Also offered is the MSN/MBA degree in Health Management jointly with the UNCG Bryan School of Business and Economics. The courses for the MSN/MBA degree are fully online, and are designed for forming professionals.
- Perform as advanced nurse clinicians, educators, or administrators according to standards of practice.
- Assume leadership roles in promoting quality nursing and healthcare regionally and globally.
- Utilize evidence to improve nursing practice and healthcare outcomes.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of self, uniqueness of individuals, families, groups, communities, in their environment.
- Analyze the impact of the environment on persons in a variety of settings.
- Apply an advanced body of knowledge and skills in nursing management, nursing education, or clinical nursing practice to diverse individuals in a variety of settings to promote health.
- Appraise the influence of the wellness, illness, disease, and dysfunction components of health upon specific target populations of individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Evaluate applications of the inquiry process to nursing practice to promote high quality safe and effective care.
- Demonstrate the art of caring in the specialist’s role of nurse educator, nurse manager, or nurse clinician.
- Practice as a nurse specialist in promoting the well-being of diverse individuals in a variety of settings.