The mission of the Instructional & Technology Services for the School of Nursing is to support faculty and staff to effectively integrate technology in their daily projects and courses.
We are committed to providing:
- Technical (David) and instructional support (Joy) to faculty and staff
- Canvas support – Classroom Training and One-on-One Training
- WebEx support
- Faculty and staff professional development opportunities **New for 2018 – 15 minute Lunch Technology Tip sessions will be offered***
Joy A. Pine-Thomas
SON Instructional Design Specialist
SON Tech Support
School of Nursing Technology Services
The following technology services are offered to the School of Nursing faculty & staff:
- Consult with personnel, configure, support, and maintain hardware utilized by the faculty and staff of the UNCG School of Nursing
- Consult with personnel, install, configure, support, and maintain software utilized by the faculty and staff of the UNCG School of Nursing:
- This includes but is not limited to desktop computers, laptops, scanners, printers, multi-function machines, UNCG Council approved software, individual and volume software licenses, Laerdal simulation equipment and software
- Provide the necessary audio and video support to faculty, guest speakers, and staff for meetings and events held within the Moore Nursing building as well as School of Nursing events and meeting held elsewhere on and off campus
- Provide technical support for classrooms within the Moore Nursing building, as well as the occasional classroom in other buildings on campus. This includes training on hardware, updating hardware and software, installing additional software and hardware, troubleshooting problems, maintaining a position as liaison with the main UNCG Campus Classroom Support Department within ITS.
- Provide secondary support to the lead Simulation/Experiential Learning Technician of the School of Nursing Simulation Labs:
- This includes but is not limited to office spaces, meeting rooms, classrooms, and open spaces in the Moore, Petty, Nursing Annex, McIver, and Spring Garden Extension buildings
School of Nursing Instructional Services
Training & Support Services
Explore the training workshops and one-on-one sessions available to you.
Canvas training and support is provided by Joy Pine-Thomas throughout the year as needed. Please call or email for an appointment.
- Group or one-on-one training is available for the following Canvas applications:
- Canvas Gradebook and Speedgrader
- Canvas TurnItIn
- Canvas 101 Basics
- Canvas course design
- Canvas Multimedia
Instructional Technology Tools
Some of these tools may have a cost associated with them. These are tools available to you and may or may not be compatible with Canvas. Please try them at your convenience. If you need assistance with any of these tools, please contact the Instructional Design Specialist or 6-Tech.
To make a request for a Course copy, please fill out the following form:
To request changes made to the SON website, please fill out the following form:
SON Poster/PowerPoint Templates (These templates can be modified by request).
Please click “File” / “Download as”/ “Microsoft PowerPoint (pptx) / Click Save File/ Click OK to save the file on your computer.
Please contact Joy Pine-Thomas by email @ email@example.com)