Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Nursing
The UNCG School of Nursing Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs provide the opportunity for Baccalaureate-prepared registered nurses to further their knowledge in three different areas: Nursing, Advanced Nursing Education, Advanced Practice Foundations (starting Fall 2022), and Nursing Leadership & Management. All courses are offered online and are designed for working professionals.
- Students must successfully complete at least 10-15 credit hours, depending on the certificate category, during a 2-year period of time to earn a certificate.
- Credits generated in the certificate program may be used to meet requirements in a degree program in accordance with the policies of the Graduate School.
- To meet individual needs, courses may be taken across all 3 categories or focused within a category.
- If courses (12 credits) are taken across all categories or in only the Core and Support category, a post-baccalaureate certificate in Nursing will be issued.
- The Advanced Nursing Education certificate satisfies a requirement of the North Carolina Board of Nursing to teach in an undergraduate program.
Advanced Nursing Education: 10 credits total
This concentration is pending closure.
- NUR 616 Pedagogical Strategies for Advanced Nursing Education (4 credits)
- NUR 612 Theoretical Foundations for the Advanced Nurse Educator (3 credits)
- NUR 615 Curriculum Design and Evaluation in Advanced Nursing Education (3 credits)
Advanced Practice Foundations: 10 credits total (starting Fall 2022)
- NUR 713 Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning for Advanced Practice and Nursing (3 credits)
- NUR 713L Advanced Health Assessment Lab (1 credit)
- NUR 708 Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nursing (3 credits)
- NUR 709 Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nursing (3 credits)
Nursing Leadership & Management: 15 credits total
- NUR 609 Role of Nurse Leaders in Advanced Quality and Safety (4 credits)
- NUR 540 Financial Management in Healthcare (3 credits)
- NUR 644 Organizational Leadership and Management in Healthcare (4 credits)
- NUR 641 Leadership and Management Essentials in Healthcare: Theories and Roles (4 credits)
Note – Students are not eligible for financial aid assistance for post baccalaureate certificate courses unless they are concurrently admitted to a degree program that requires the same courses.
- Admitted students develop a program plan with the Director of Graduate Study in the School of Nursing before enrolling in courses. At least 6 credits of course work must be completed at the 600-level.
Deadline for Post Baccalaureate Certificate Application – June 15 for Fall admission/ November 15 for Spring admission
Dr. Cynthia Bacon
Associate Professor and Interim MSN Program Director
Phone: (336) 745-1224