Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Nursing
The UNCG School of Nursing Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs provide the opportunity for Baccalaureate-prepared registered nurses to further their knowledge in three different areas: Nursing, Nursing Education, and Nursing Administration. All courses are offered online and are designed for working professionals.
- Students must successfully complete at least 12-15 credit hours, depending on the certificate category, during a 2-year period of time to earn a certificate.
- Credits generated in the certificate program may be used to meet requirements in a degree program in accordance with the policies of the Graduate School.
- To meet individual needs, courses may be taken across all 3 categories or focused within a few categories. To earn the certificate in Nursing Administration, all 4 courses within that category must be taken.
- To earn the certificate in Nursing Education or Nursing, students may enroll in 4 courses from any of the following categories:
Nursing Administration (15 credits required to complete the certificate, due to sequencing, it is advised to begin courses in the Spring semester):
- NUR 609 The Role of Nurse leaders in Advanced Quality and Safety (4 credits)
- NUR 540 Financial Management in Healthcare (3 credits)
- NUR 644 Organizational Leadership and Management in Healthcare (4 credits)
- NUR 641 Leadership and Management Essentials in Healthcare: Theories and Roles (4 credits)
- NUR 612 Theoretical Foundations for the Advanced Nurse Educator (3 credits)
- NUR 615 Curriculum Design and Evaluation in Advanced Nursing Education (3 credits)
- NUR 616 Pedagogical Strategies for Advanced Nursing Education (4 credits)
Core and Support Courses:
- NUR 620 Law, Policy, and Economics of Healthcare (3 credits)
- NUR 708 Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nursing (3 credits)
- NUR 692 Independent Study (3 credits)
- NUR 715 Research Methods in Nursing (3 credits)
- NUR 714 Informatics in Healthcare (3 credits)
Upon successful completion of the 4 courses, students receive a post baccalaureate certificate. If 2 or more courses are completed within the category of Nursing Education, the certificate denotes the specialty area. If courses are completed across several categories or within the Core and Support Course category, a post-baccalaureate certificate in Nursing is issued.
Note – Students are not eligible for financial aid assistance for post baccalaureate certificate courses unless they are concurrently admitted to a degree program that requires the same courses.
- Admitted students develop a program plan with the Director of Graduate Study in the School of Nursing before enrolling in courses. At least 6 credits of course work must be completed at the 600-level.
Deadline for Post Baccalaureate Certificate Application – May 15 for Fall admission/ October 1 for Spring admission
Dr. Heidi Krowchuk
Associate Dean for Academic Programs
UNCG School of Nursing
P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro NC 27402-6170
Phone: (336) 334-3167