- Practice as nurse scientists to advance the discipline and nursing profession through scholarly inquiry.
- Assume leadership roles in promoting optimal health for ethnic minorities, women, children, and older adults.
- Meet the academic and healthcare industry needs for nursing scholars in North Carolina and the nation.
- Theory, research methods, health promotion and outcomes, as well as directed studies for research and scholarly role development in academia, health care systems, industry, and other research settings
- Research areas build on faculty expertise and programs that address health promotion and health disparities in access to care, treatment, and outcomes for selected populations.
- Role development builds on successful master’s concentrations in nursing education, administration, and clinical practice.
- Cognates and electives in areas such as Human Development and Family Studies, Economics, and Educational Leadership and Cultural Foundations are required for depth and breadth of study as well as interdisciplinary perspectives with populations of interest in the community.
Deadline for PhD Application – April 1
Dr. Robin Bartlett
Director of PhD Program
Office: 101 McIver House