- Practice as nurse scientists to advance the discipline and nursing profession through scholarly inquiry.
- Assume leadership roles in promoting optimal health for ethnic minorities, women, children, and older adults.
- Meet the academic and healthcare industry needs for nursing scholars in North Carolina and the nation.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate knowledge of ethnic minorities, women, children, and older adults.
- Evaluate the impact of health systems and the environment on specific populations.
- Generate nursing knowledge related to health promotion and elimination of health disparities in ethnic minorities, women, children and older adults.
- Promote health and eliminate health disparities in specific populations through research.
- Advance nursing knowledge through the inquiry process.
- Demonstrate the art of caring in the nurse scientist’s role in academia and industry.
- Practice as a nurse scientist in promoting health and eliminating health disparities in health systems and specific populations.
Dr. Susan Letvak
Director of PhD Program
Office: 207 Nursing and Instructional Building