- Integrate holistic admission criteria in all programs
- Initiate holistic admission in prelicensure BSN program by 2022
- Increase diversity of faculty, staff and students (%)
- Increase 3% in diversity over baseline (document baseline) by 2022
- Expand Program and Concentrations in response to community needs
- Initiate accelerated 2nd degree BSN program by 2022
- Recognize students, faculty and staff for excellence
- Develop and implement guidelines to recognize excellence in students, staff, and faculty by 2022.
- Promote regional, state and national leadership for students, faculty and staff in professional and community organizations
- Develop a database to track the regional, state, and national leadership roles of faculty involved in professional and community organizations.
- Increase/advance service opportunities
- Collaborate with the Office of Leadership & Civic Engagement to enhance faculty, staff, and student participation in service activities by 2022.
- Develop a database to track staff, faculty, and student participation in OLCE service activities by 2022.
- Expand alumni engagement
- Work with SON Alumni Association to develop an alumni volunteer database (for SON activities) by 2022.
- Increase faculty and staff recruitment and retention
- Clearly define and publicize the School of Nursing’s commitment to recruitment and retention of faculty and staff
- Develop a database to track turnover and vacancy rates for faculty and staff by 2021
- Outline strategies to retain faculty and staff by 2021
- Expand Interprofessional Education (IPE) across programs
- Create and conduct a baseline assessment and establish goals for each program by 2021.
- Implement an IPE in 1-2 programs, e.g. MSN education or administration by 2022
- Engage in global transcultural learning opportunities
- Develop 3 study abroad and 3 national global transcultural opportunities for faculty and students by 2022.
- Adopt best practices and principles for innovative learning experiences, including service-learning
- At least one prelicensure BSN course will be approved as a service-learning course by 2022.
- Address health disparities through research and practice partnerships
- At least 50% of research faculty will be involved in health disparities research
- Develop at least one new research partnership each year.